2.08.2010

Who Wears Short Shorts? Me? The Deputy’s Into It.



So everyone is shopping online these days, it’s no secret, or is it?  There are new sites that are popping up that allow people to buy designer clothes at a bargain.  As a jew, the Deputy is all about it.  My favorite sites to hit up are the following: gilt.com, hautelook.com and ruelala.com.  So basically what they do is send you an email saying that certain brands will be listed on their site and have sales.  Then you sign in and do some shopping.  Things are marked down close to 50% off and they do it by size and color, so shopping is easy.  I just bought this sick, blue Marc Jacobs bomber jacket off Gilt that was marked down from $450 to $180.  Unreal, right?  The thing I love is that you are getting a quality product for cheap.  The website format and layout is so easy to use and really allows you to see the product from so many angles and zooms that it's not like normal online shopping.  I’m a tall person, so finding sizes that work are hard, but Gilt describes the garment and the fit so you can work it out yourself.
So I was searching one of the sites the other day and there were short shorts and short bathing suits for men.  At first I thought, QUEER! But then I looked again and thought it was kind of cool.  They aren’t crotch-hugging, Fire Island type fits.  They are cool and sleek and I believe them to be the new trend for men.  Baggy clothes, though comfortable, are done.  I was such a proponent of a Notorious B.I.G. airbrush commemorative t-shirt, but you can
 get that “cool” look by buying something fitted.  I am really into this look because it has a little retro, re-call element to them and brings a new style to men’s swimwear and casual wear.  I hate that if I have to buy a swimsuit, I have to decide between Hurley and Hurley and you the design will either be argyle or an all-over print.  The styles that these new shorts come with are more sophisticated.  That’s the catch, if I am going to go to the beach with some dudes and body surf, I’m not wearing these shorts.  It is if I go to a hotel, roof-top pool party or boating at my friend’s lake house (cause I am so posh and go boating, but you get my drift, time and a place people).  So all in all, the Deputy recommends sale sites that give fashion for less and starting to give you a more trim, fitted look for the upcoming seasons.  From a jew to you, happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment